AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

why would be ads be showing up outside my geo target area?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

why would be ads be showing up outside my geo target area?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: why would be ads be showing up outside my geo target area?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the Adwords community.

If you are using the 'default' advanced location option - “Reach people in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location” your ad will be shown to people that are likely to be physically located in your targeted location, as well as people who have shown interest in your targeted location, who may be outside your target location.

If you want to limit your ads to only people within your targeted geo location, then change your advanced location option to - “Reach people in my targeted location”

Find more details here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the Adwords community.

If you are using the 'default' advanced location option - “Reach people in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location” your ad will be shown to people that are likely to be physically located in your targeted location, as well as people who have shown interest in your targeted location, who may be outside your target location.

If you want to limit your ads to only people within your targeted geo location, then change your advanced location option to - “Reach people in my targeted location”

Find more details here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Deepak

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jenny,

I think you have opted for default advanced location option. If you see Advanced location, there you will find -

1. “Reach people in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location”- This is the default and recommended option, will allow you to reach people that are likely to be physically located in your targeted location, as well as people who have shown interest in your targeted location.

2. “Reach people in my targeted location” - This allow you to show your ads only to anyone who is considered to be physically located within the area that you've targeted.

So opt for the second one if you dont want to show your ads outside your geo area.

Thanks,
Kaushik