AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

why my campaign stops when reaches half of the budget?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi!
I have two campaigns.

First campaign:
bid method: maximise clicks
average cpc: 2 pence
max bid limit: 4 or 5 pence
ad delivery method: standard
type: search network with display select

second campaign:
bid method: maximise clicks
average cpc: 12 pence
no max bid limit, 2 days ago I set a bid limit, but there was too little traffic
ad delivery method: standard
type: search network with display select

The second capaign gets only search network traffic and performs well, at the end of the day it ends all the budget. The first campaign perform well till early afternoon when it reaches about half of the budget, then it slows down a lot. It gets 90% display network clicks till 3 pm and when it stops, from then on there is only a small search network traffic. In the first half of the day it spends 50% of the budget, in the second half only 5%, so at the end of the day it spends only 55% of the budget. I think google realizes that I'm having too much display network clicks, so it stops display network traffic and carries on only with the small search network traffic. Is it correct? But why the other campaign provides 100% search network traffic and doesn't stop in the middle? I started the campaigns 3 days ago and every day the first one stops in the middle, but I don't think it is a temporary behaviour. If the campaign stops in the middle because there is too much display network traffic, is there any way to increase search network traffic in search network with display select campaigns?
thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mirco d
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello @mirco d,

I would suggest you to make a separate search only campaign to increase your traffic from search. 

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

On the "Settings" tab in your AdWords interface, how is "Delivery method" configured?

If it is set to "Standard": Optimize deliver of ads...evenly over time" then Google is going to attempt to meter delivery of your ads intraday, in order to not run out of budget before the day is over.  This can result in "undershoot" on the budget at times, depending upon the consistency of traffic patterns. 

Usually it is advisable to leave the setting on Standard delivery, and let the Google algorithms adapt. Accelerated delivery can result in more erratic campaign performance, and other issues that you'd need to be on top of. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the delivery method is set to standard for both campaigns. I'm thinking to leave out the max cpc bid limit for the campaign that stops in the early afteroon, but I don't think it will change anything. And I haven't changed the ad schedule, so the campaign should run 24 hours a day. However thanks, steve

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mirco d
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello @mirco d,

I would suggest you to make a separate search only campaign to increase your traffic from search. 

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Sayem,

yes I think I should do it, create two different campaigns from one, search and display