AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

why doea adsense show me totally useless ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the ads i see from adsense are totally useless.  they show stuff that i would never want to buy.

why doesnt google just ask me what ads i want to see?

3 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Will C,

The ads you see are created and managed by advertisers while Google's advertising system itself is just a medium for them. AdSense is off topic in this community therefore if you wish to know more about please post your queries in the forum linked-to below:

***   AdSense Help Forum   ***

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Without wishing to offend... do you ask the New York Times to run special ads for you in your morning paper? Or your local TV station to only air ads that are for things you are actively interested in?

Sounds silly when put like that doesn't it?

AdWords is nothing more than an advertising medium, and advertisers target (some more, some less) their potential customers through a combination of demographics, interests, etc.

You are always going to see ads for products or services for which you have no interest - that's just the way it works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the redirect.

I buy a huge amount of stuff every year, yet the adsense never shows me anything relevant.

goog should just ask me what i want to buy! and tweak the filter in their 'medium'

good weekend.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Will C;

It is recommended to (periodically) review and edit your interests  (which the Google's algorithm assigned to you) in the ad settings section of your Google account, and to clear cookies.

https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’