6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

why are my ads not showing, but i have that key for for adgroup,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

why are my ads not showing, but i have that key for that adgroup? There is only one ad showing for that keyword, my daily limit is not gone over. I type in that keyword and my ads dont show, i dont understand why.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why are my ads not showing, but i have that key for for adgroup,

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Gracie Jiu Jitsu C,

There could be no. of reasons why your ads are showing up in Google.

1. Billing- Can you make sure the billing information is entered correctly. And thecredits are remaining to run your ads.

You can find this information in “Billing” tab after logging in to adwords.

2.  Have you set the sufficient daily budget for the campaign.

You can set daily budget from campaigns > Select the campaign >  Setting tab > Bidding and budget

3.  Campaigns or ad groups status- Can you check whether they are enabled or paused.

To check campaign status, click on “Campaigns” tab and check the campaign status.

To check ad group status click on “Ad Groups” tab in “Campaign” tab.

4.  Ads status- Please check whether the ads are been disapproved or placed under review.

5.  Keywords- Are the keywords approved.

6.  Negative keywords- Are your negative keywords preventing your ad display

7. Keywords search volume- Do the keywords you have added have enough search volume

8. Location targeting- Is your campaign targeted for location you are searching for ad.

You can check location targeting from campaigns > Select the campaign >  Setting tab > Locations

9. Ad scheduling- Is your ad scheduled for particular days or time.

You can use the ad preview and diagnosis tool to check why your ads are not running.

You can find tool here

Check ads status

Campaign > Ads tab > in status column click on mouse over the bubble icon and check the status

Check keywords status

Campaign > Keywords tab > in status column click on mouse over the bubble icon and check the status. Further click on “Ad preview and diagnosis” and check for few keywords.

And based on the comment why your ad is not getting displayed, you can make changes to campaign.

Hope this helps.

SJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This Helps for alot of stuff, so thanks. But one thing is, is that some of the key words are showing and some are not. They are all approved, but im gonna double check on the the info you gave me. Its strange to me that some show and some do not but all are active and good to go.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

I would also suggest that when you want to check for your own ads, you use the Ad Preview tool in your account instead of searching in the 'live' environment.

Not only does searching for your own ads and not clicking on them lower your account's overall quality scores but if you continue searching without clicking, the program will eventually decide that you are not interested in those ads and it will stop showing them to you.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*