AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what will be the right cpc for displaynetwork?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

what will be the right cpc for displaynetwork?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pahal S
September 2015

Re: what will be the right cpc for displaynetwork?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello; This is a nice question, since on the DN there is no equivalent tool to the keyword tool, that shows actual CPC. If you use keywords on GDN (for contextual targeting ) - I would use, as a starting point, 60%-70% of the CPC, shown on keyword tool (for the KWs used).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pahal S,

The right CPC is very subjective based on your product/service, target area and display network targeting methods.

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pahal S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello; This is a nice question, since on the DN there is no equivalent tool to the keyword tool, that shows actual CPC. If you use keywords on GDN (for contextual targeting ) - I would use, as a starting point, 60%-70% of the CPC, shown on keyword tool (for the KWs used).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Moshe..
could u plz tell me the points which are to be kept in mind during making the DN campaign.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

These are some important points :

1) Use frequency capping to a resonable amount , like 2 Ads per user pe day and use many ads in the same ad group.

2) Use the category exclusion to avoid having your ads "below the fold" , as described here :

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/abovethefold.html

3) Make use of the placement exclusion for the anonymous.google default placement , as it could cause some problems, as described here by the Top Contributor Calin Sandici aka. AdWiser :

http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/anonymous-adwords-placements/

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also check out the data from the Display Planner , a tool accessible via the "Tools and Analytics" green menu , if you select a keyword , a location and a language, and then click on "Individual targeting ideas" and click on "Placements" to see the suggested sites, order them by relevance and you will see some prices but they are min-max intervals and sometimes they do not display CPC.

display-planner-avg-cpc.png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;
The two major parameters to follow are placements - making sure that you don't have ads shown on sites irrelevant to your business and, of course, the CPC;

I like to target the display either by managed placements (if you know the top sites relevant to your business), or by topics. I always add keywords for contextual targeting.