AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what will be the right cpc for displaynetwork?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

what will be the right cpc for displaynetwork?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pahal S
September 2015

Re: what will be the right cpc for displaynetwork?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello; This is a nice question, since on the DN there is no equivalent tool to the keyword tool, that shows actual CPC. If you use keywords on GDN (for contextual targeting ) - I would use, as a starting point, 60%-70% of the CPC, shown on keyword tool (for the KWs used).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pahal S,

The right CPC is very subjective based on your product/service, target area and display network targeting methods.

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pahal S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello; This is a nice question, since on the DN there is no equivalent tool to the keyword tool, that shows actual CPC. If you use keywords on GDN (for contextual targeting ) - I would use, as a starting point, 60%-70% of the CPC, shown on keyword tool (for the KWs used).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Moshe..
could u plz tell me the points which are to be kept in mind during making the DN campaign.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

These are some important points :

1) Use frequency capping to a resonable amount , like 2 Ads per user pe day and use many ads in the same ad group.

2) Use the category exclusion to avoid having your ads "below the fold" , as described here :

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/abovethefold.html

3) Make use of the placement exclusion for the anonymous.google default placement , as it could cause some problems, as described here by the Top Contributor Calin Sandici aka. AdWiser :

http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/anonymous-adwords-placements/

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also check out the data from the Display Planner , a tool accessible via the "Tools and Analytics" green menu , if you select a keyword , a location and a language, and then click on "Individual targeting ideas" and click on "Placements" to see the suggested sites, order them by relevance and you will see some prices but they are min-max intervals and sometimes they do not display CPC.

display-planner-avg-cpc.png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;
The two major parameters to follow are placements - making sure that you don't have ads shown on sites irrelevant to your business and, of course, the CPC;

I like to target the display either by managed placements (if you know the top sites relevant to your business), or by topics. I always add keywords for contextual targeting.