AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what should i do to improve quality score??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In one of MCC Client account i'm not getting good quality score its less than 5, and also i have optimized its campaign increase its bid and also tested in other match types.what should i do now??

Some of the Keywords:

1. apartment for sale- 3/10

2. property for sale- 4/10

3. residential properties for sale- 3/10

4. plots for sale- 3/10

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what should i do to improve quality score??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shanki, the primary component of Quality Score is CTR so that's the metric I'd be looking at first.  What CTR are you seeing for the Keywords you've mentioned?

The next thing I'd look at is relevancy and there are several stages to that.  There's relevancy between the search of the user and your Keyword, relevancy between the Keyword and your Ad(s), and relevancy between both these and your landing page(s) so I'd look at those chains.  For example, if I searched for "plots for sale" and your Account showed me an Ad with the Headline "Apartments for Sale" and then led me to your home page showing everything you do, that would be poor relevancy.

Come back to us with some details on the above and we'll take it from there.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Some other preparation questions :

1) How many Ads have you tested for those keywords ? Have you tried several ads ?

2) Do you have the keywords in the title or the text of the Ads ?

3) What is your average position for those keywords ?

4) Are you targeting a large teritory instead of breaking it into smaller location ad groups ?

5) If you compare average CPC from the keyword planner on your location with your average cpc, is there a big difference ?

6) Are you using a conversion auto-optimisation which results in only 1 or 2 ads capturing most of the impressions ?

In general creating more ads to test which one is better and deleting the others is the answer for generating more clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
CTR is good its more than 1%. if we talk about relevancy take an example:
my keyword is flats for sale so for the testing i have prepared two ads for it "Buy flats for sale" & "Luxurious Flats for sale" so this is somehow related to it and if we talk about landing page if the keyword & ads are about flats so the target page is flats which gives everything about flats and if its about other products than the landing page is different is different for that so if still i am finding relevancy and changing it into different match types also still the quality score doesn't improve..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. There are two ads tested for the keyword
2. I have the keyword in the headline of the ads
3. Avg. pos is 3 to 4
4. I have prepared two campaign for that in one i have targeted the country where my keywords are specifically mentioning about the place where we are selling and in the other campaign where i am targeting the hometown and the keywords are specific.
5. Yes there is a difference
6. No i am not using auto optimization.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Shanki K,

1% CTR is okay but not considered very good. Did you looked at the search queries? Are search queries relevant to keywords in adgroup. Sometimes search queries for particular keyword/adgroup are relevant to whole campaign but not with specific keyword. Like Sir Jon gave an example Plots of sale , Apartments for sale. If someone is searching for plot user should see ads and landing page for plot SAle and if its aprtment then ad, keyword, searchquery and landing page should be of apartment. QS is being calculated every time user runs a SQ and it matches with your keyword. Just work on improving CTR and maintain relevancy slowly you will see an improvement in QS. Your main worry should be getting leads.

Thanks
Neha Gupta
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your suggestion Neha..

But i'll tell you as earlier also i have mentioned in my reply that keywords are almost relevant to he ads and the landing page and as far as concerned about the search queries in adgroup our client has different products and in our adgroup we have targeted it differently...but surely i'll look forward for it more...