AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what is the diference between first page bid and top page bid?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is the diference between first page bid and top page bid?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Uma! Welcome to the Adwords Community.

First Page BId:- This the Estimated CPC bid that is required to show on the first page, It is based on the Keywords, Competition, and Your Quality Score.

Top Page Bid:- This is the Estimated CPC bid that is required to qualify your ads to appear on top Position.

Learn more about the this on below link:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Uma, In addition to what Rakesh said, I would add that you shouldn't focus much on First Page Bid because it is basically giving you the amount of money it would take to get in position 10. You almost never want to be there.

You will want to focus on the Top Page Bid and make sure you are competitive for that.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) I wonder if these values can also be equal and if this is an indicator of low competition. 

If you are using a niche keyword, or a long tail keyword and you only have 1-2 competitors most of the time, I don't see why the two estimates should not be different if all advertisers have the same QS .

2) Also if those values are very close one to another, is this also an indicator of low competition ?