2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what is the best Ad rotation method

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

what is the best Ad rotation method in Google search camp.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeewan G
September 2015

Re: what is the best Ad rotation method

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sir Jeewan,

If you have time to manage each ad group individually, I would recommend this type of rotation discussed below "Rotate indefinitely: Show lower performing ads more evenly with higher performing ads, and do not optimize":

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ads-not-rotating-evenly/m-p/284575/highlig...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I would always rotate indefinitely.

Optimising automatically according to CTR isn't sensible IMO and optimisiing solely according to an AdWords conversion also isn't smart as there are many other metrics to take into consideration.

Rotate indefinitely, keep an eye on click volumes and when you feel you have enough data look at all AdWords and Analytics Metrics and base your decision on that.

Ryan.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Jeewan,

For me, it's optimized for conversion. We all advertisers want results that can be defined and measured. With this option, it becomes easier to monitor performing ads with metrics. If we have more than two ads in a campaign, then it is important to track them based on their performance. With this rotation type, it is easier. Anyways, we can make changes to the rotations any time, but it gives an insight into performing ads.

Kapil

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Best Method for ad rotation

Optimize for clicks (default setting):

Gives preference to your ads that are expected to get the most clicks, based on your past clickthrough rates (CTRs). Google will try to show those ads more often than other ads in your ad group to help you gain more clicks and impressions.

Optimize for conversions:

Gives preference to your ads that are expected to get the most conversions like purchases and sign-ups. Your ad group might receive fewer clicks, but it'll likely receive more conversions. If there isn't enough conversion data to determine which ad is likely to provide the most conversions, ads will rotate to optimize for clicks.