AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what is the average lift in CTR after enabling social exensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just curious if you know what the average list in CTR is for accounts enabling social extensions. Obviously it will vary by client and vertical, but I just want a baseline.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is the average lift in CTR after enabling social exensions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome;

Google does not reveal this type of information.

Part because this type of statistics is really hard to analyze due to the huge number of variables involved.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: what is the average lift in CTR after enabling social exensions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi difwexr,

As MosheTLV stated, Google would be in the wrong to send out a blanket number on this. You should keep an eye on thinkwithgoogle.com to see if any vertical specific case studies are released with real-world data.

In my experience, ad extensions like sitelinks, location extensions, etc have given me a fairly consistent 30% increase in CTR. This is usually bidding for top 3 positions, and sitelinks generally produce a higher CTR boost than location or call extensions. As for social, I don't have any specific numbers for this.

Again, the variables are too vast to benchmark a general CTR boost - but if your experience gives you some interested data please share with the rest of us Smiley Happy.

Alex