AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what is the average conversion or opt in rate?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i know conversion rates depends on various industries but i would like to know that the averages are in various industries. is it possible to get 50% or higher? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is the average conversion or opt in rate?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

@volunteer c wrote:

i know conversion rates depends on various industries but i would like to know that the averages are in various industries. is it possible to get 50% or higher? 

To be honest, 50% conversion rate looks to be very high to me. You are right in the sense that different industries have different ROI and I don't think there is any hypothesis or any average percentage of conversion rate.

That's because the conversion will depend upon your website, how it is and how beneficial it is to the users. There are many inside and outside factors which will define the conversion rate for your business.

What I can do here is that I can point you to one of the famous blog post written by Analytics Ninja Avinash Kaushik here:

http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/excellent-analytics-tip5-conversion-rate-basics-best-practices/

You can read it and find out what are the best practices and what conversion means from his perspective.

My thoughts!

Pankaj