3.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what do I need to do to keep my ad in the first position

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I keep my ad in the first position on the first page ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what do I need to do to keep my ad in the first position

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your posting. If this is your first time creating an Adwords account, here's a great link on how to get started with Google Adwords. There's also some helpful Youtube Adwords videos here. If you have any other Adwords related questions, feel free to post them on the forums. Lastly, here's a great Google Hangout link to ourNew to Google AdWords Hangout series: Master the basics.

For obtaining the best position for your Ads, I also recommend you read this thread ingredients of a quality score. The higher your quality score, the better chance of obtaining a good position. https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-...

Welcome to the Adwords Community!

Re: what do I need to do to keep my ad in the first position

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Wayne,

Do you currently use AdWords or AdWords express ?

In AdWords this help page explains how to place your Ads in the top 3 Search positions by increasing the Ad Rank : Getting your ads above Google search results

You can also use the Flexible Strategy : Target search page location - Top of the first search results page , described here 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

"  Search page location settings

There are two options depending on whether you want to show your ad on the top of the page or the first page of Google search results:

• Top of the first search results page: Let AdWords automatically raise or lower bids to meet the top of the page bid estimate. The estimated top of the page bid amount approximates the cost-per-click (CPC) bid needed for your ad to reach the top of the page of Google search results when a search term exactly matches your keyword."