AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

what are the basic things for conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i have a campaign and have approx 20 keywords all keywords have good quality score (6 or above) and avg. position is also good approx 2.5 for all but i am not getting any conversion???

please guide me what can i do for conversion.

Thanks in advance.

Sanjay

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author moonishtrade
September 2015

Re: what are the basic things for conversions

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,
Sanjay
We have 2 things connected to each other to get conversions.First is your AdWords account and Second is your website.
As you said your AdWords account seems good to you but still you do not have conversions so try to look at your Landing page which might help you getting conversions.
If your landing page is relevant to the visitors then you should get conversion.
Now apart from relevancy just check that you have good way of communication mentioned on your website like you have the quote form and phone number mentioned on the landing page itself or your form and number are working or not,apply conversion tracking code.
Then just check your ad copy,is it relevant to the landing page,and directing to the right page to the users.are you using right set of keywords or not.
Try to create different ad copies and check which is getting more traffic and conversions.
Use extensions like site extensions and call extension which will help you a lot in getting conversions.Crete an ad group specifically for mobile optimized ads.
These are the things you can do to get conversions dear.
If you still face problem,you can write here. Smiley Happy
Thank you

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

In addition to informative advice from Hitesh above, I would also like to point out whether you have installed your conversion tracking properly or not. Make sure you have included the javascript code properly on goal conversion page that could be either contact thanks, any product purchase thanks page etc...

Did you check the Bounce Rate of your landing pages and if it is higher, then you have to tweak your pages and make them more user friendly so that users can stay for longer period of time and convert for you.

Also, review the Search Terms report and see whether you are getting the relevant traffic to your site or not. This would further clear the picture of relevancy in terms of your online traffic.

You might also try doing a test conversion and see if whether it works properly or not.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,
Sanjay
We have 2 things connected to each other to get conversions.First is your AdWords account and Second is your website.
As you said your AdWords account seems good to you but still you do not have conversions so try to look at your Landing page which might help you getting conversions.
If your landing page is relevant to the visitors then you should get conversion.
Now apart from relevancy just check that you have good way of communication mentioned on your website like you have the quote form and phone number mentioned on the landing page itself or your form and number are working or not,apply conversion tracking code.
Then just check your ad copy,is it relevant to the landing page,and directing to the right page to the users.are you using right set of keywords or not.
Try to create different ad copies and check which is getting more traffic and conversions.
Use extensions like site extensions and call extension which will help you a lot in getting conversions.Crete an ad group specifically for mobile optimized ads.
These are the things you can do to get conversions dear.
If you still face problem,you can write here. Smiley Happy
Thank you

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The advice from Hitesh is spot on. I'd like to add a little gloss too. Because the most important thing is to establish a good click-through rate. That means your ad needs to focus on your buyers' needs - that is to say, what they need of you (which isn't the same as what you want to sell them!). That gives you the information to re-purpose your landing page to THEIR needs.

Mow conversions are something that is extremely hard to master. For good conversions, the one thing to note is that conversions depend on establishing a relationship with the visitor. That means you're not after an immediate sale, you'll want to get them onto an email list where they can learn more about you. Once this kind of thing is in place - and social media can also play a part too - you'll find that people start buying.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

In addition to informative advice from Hitesh above, I would also like to point out whether you have installed your conversion tracking properly or not. Make sure you have included the javascript code properly on goal conversion page that could be either contact thanks, any product purchase thanks page etc...

Did you check the Bounce Rate of your landing pages and if it is higher, then you have to tweak your pages and make them more user friendly so that users can stay for longer period of time and convert for you.

Also, review the Search Terms report and see whether you are getting the relevant traffic to your site or not. This would further clear the picture of relevancy in terms of your online traffic.

You might also try doing a test conversion and see if whether it works properly or not.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Pankaj is right, start at the most basic level. Is your conversion tracking even working? Keep in mind if you have imported your Google Analytics goals into AdWords, there is a 2 day delay in conversion data I believe. If your tracking is working properly, how engaged are your users? Have you checked your search term reports to see what they actually typed in which triggered the click? Perhaps there are some negatives that need to be added or alternatively, are their new queries to be added?