Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

virtual address for local extensions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Can I use single location address for multiple products? let me explain clearly: I have two business with two different domains (abc.com & xyz.com) but I am having single virtual address for abc.com. In xyz.com also I am using same address so can i use this address for both campaigns? is this could be a problem with Google as under one address there could be more than one business?

Thanks,

Satya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: virtual address for local extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Satya,

As far as I understood, you want to use the same address in multiple campaigns inside your Adwords account. I don't think that should be any problem in implementing that.

The Policy says that your ad should promote the business located at that particular address. You can find more details about Location Extension Policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/144649?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply. What I am saying is for example
abc.com is located in Austin, Texas. this address is accurately reflect the company located. and for my xyz.com site there is no virtual office address for this domain and it is not affiliated to abc.com in this case can we use abc.com virtual address for xyz.com?

Thanks,
Satya

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Satya,

If I go by the Policy which says this:-

Location.png

As you are saying that 2 domains are not related to each other and are not affiliated as well, so I doubt about what you want to implement.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I also want to contribute my idea here. As per my thinking you can add common location extension with your different campaign but you website and business realted to address which you want to mention in Location Ad extension.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry for the confusion,

My client is having a company with abc.com having corporate office in Texas and promoting in Texas . Recently he acquired one more company say xyz.com in Texas and promoting products in Texas. In this case can I use abc.com address for newly acquired company campaign? i.e. two different companies sharing single address so can i use the address as location extension for both campaign?

accept my apologies if it is not clear.

Regards,
Satya

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes you can use single common address for both I have used it before for my project.