AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

video frames in organic listings...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I know an organic listings question doesn't belong in Adwords help.  But those first-page organic results with that compelling video frame are a heck of a lot more eye-catching than my expensive sitelinks at the top of the page. Since I have video on my site and on youtube, I do have some of these desirable video-frame results, but I don't see a pattern as to when mine show, and when mine don't. Are others sensing that video-frame results appear randomly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: video frames in organic listings...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

As you observe yourself, the technicalities of this question can probably be better answered on the webmaster forum.

However, my 2 cents:

•  have you submitted a video sitemap to G?
  • what semantic mark-up are you using to show G the videos within a page?

Also, have you ever looked in to running video ads through AdWords? Since you already have the content.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: video frames in organic listings...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

As you observe yourself, the technicalities of this question can probably be better answered on the webmaster forum.

However, my 2 cents:

•  have you submitted a video sitemap to G?
  • what semantic mark-up are you using to show G the videos within a page?

Also, have you ever looked in to running video ads through AdWords? Since you already have the content.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+