# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can we use matche type in -ve keywords for display campaign

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: -ve keywords for display campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes you can add negative keywords in your Display Network Campaign.Follow this steps -

1> Select the campaign
2>Go to "Display Network" Tab and Select "Display Keyword"
3>At the bottom of the page you will find the "exclusion" option.Click on it to add your negative keywords.

You can add negative keywords at Campaign Level and Ad-group Level.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Deepika 1,
You are able to addd negative keyword lists for the display campaigns as well.

Under exclusions go to View:keyword lists, click add exclusions and then select your list from there.

You can also add it from the shared library using "apply to campaigns" and select your display campaign. It should be in there too.
When you will add list of negative keywords in Shared Library, You can change your match type also.

Hope it helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Suman,

my question is that can we use match types of -ve keywords in display campaign. is it useful
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Deepika,

Firstly, Match types does not have any relevance in display campaign. It works only on broad. Secondly, negative works differently for display network, it won't work as it for search campaign. I personally do not prefer adding negative keywords in display campaigns. I highly recommend you read thread mentioned below:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Negative-keywords-in-Display-Campaign-not-excludi...

Hope that clears all your doubt. Let us know if you have more questions! Do read thread.
Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’