AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

value of sitelinks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys, 

I want to calculate the impact of sitelinks and call out extensions. My sitelinks have a conversion rate of 2%, callout extensions 1.8%, How do i see the conversion rate of adcopy when neither of these are showing?

Many thanks

Jonny

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: value of sitelinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonny,

Try this segment This extension vs. Other on the Ad Extensions Tab and see how your sitelinks would have behaved in comparison to Other parts of the ad like headlines, other extensions etc... This would give you an idea of whether you should be making any relevant changes to either your text ad, sitelink or other elements.

Read this reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonny582
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Jonny,

It addition to what Pankaj mentioned, you can also segment by 'click type' to view the data for when your extensions showed (i.e. whether someone clicked on your extension or your actual ad). 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonny,

Try this segment This extension vs. Other on the Ad Extensions Tab and see how your sitelinks would have behaved in comparison to Other parts of the ad like headlines, other extensions etc... This would give you an idea of whether you should be making any relevant changes to either your text ad, sitelink or other elements.

Read this reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonny582
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Jonny,

It addition to what Pankaj mentioned, you can also segment by 'click type' to view the data for when your extensions showed (i.e. whether someone clicked on your extension or your actual ad). 

Hope this helps!