AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

users click on the Ads instead when searching for my brand?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My brand name is first on the organic search and still users click on the Ads instead when searching for my brand? Should i stop bidding on the brand name? 
What would you do? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: users click on the Ads instead when searching for my brand?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The age old question Smiley Happy
Unfortunately, only you can decide that.

A good way to look at it is by looking at the organic VS paid dimension in your reports. You'll need your search console linked for this.

You could also look at the GA or AdWords attribution reports to see if the ads genuinely are "stealing" traffic from organic results. In a lot of cases, it's not.

You have to remember too that with paid search, you can control the messaging better, add time sensitive offers etc. and take more of the screen real estate pushing competitors first her down. You also have to be aware that if competitors start bidding in your brand name, they'll be getting a lot of traffic based on your hard work.

Finally, you could just try turn the ads off and see if organic search increases proportionately.

All but one of our clients run ads for the or brand terms.

Hope that gives you some insight.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veronicca P
November 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Veronicca,

There are 2 things:

If you are bidding on brand name also, your website will occupy more space on the SERP hence more chances that a user will interact with it.
The cpc bid will be low for your brand name.
So, great exposure with lower bid is always advantageous.

second is:
In case if your competitor is advertising on your brand name then the competitor's will be on top of your organic result and user may interact with your competitor's website.

My advice is to continue with the advertising.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for the reply! The lower bid is indeed present, and the traffic brought by the Ads is not overrunning the organic one, so i guess i should just let it be Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you very much for the input! It did helped me reach my decision Smiley Happy I will pay attention to the organic traffic and the ppc, and just not allow the ppc to overrun the organic.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
There are a bunch of reasons why you should bid on branded terms - and very few (none that convince me) to not do so.

Here are my top two reasons....

1. If you do not bid on brand you allow your competitors to occupy the top ad positions for people who were actually looking for you - they WILL steal some of that traffic.

2. If someone is actually looking for your brand they are clearly a great potential client. Are they not worth paying a couple of dollars for? I would suspect that in most cases they are.