AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

tracking multiple goal firings from single goal per session

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working with a volunteer signup site on which we're tracking the number of users who, signup for events and/or follow events as well as unsigning up or following events. I'm new to GA and so have put these under 4 seperate goals. However as the goals are only able to fire once for every session if a user signs up for or follows more than one event per session this is not tracked.

What is the most effective method to track this in your opinion, (we were looking to further create a conversion funnel using google tag manager and a virtual page). 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Albert H
April 2016

Re: tracking multiple goal firings from single goal per session

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Albert,

If you haven't already tried this I would recommend posting this in the Google Analytics forum. You will likely get a quicker (and more accurate) response from the experts over there:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Tracking-Goals-Ecommerce/bd-p/Tracking_Goals_and_Ecommerce
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Albert H
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Albert,

If you haven't already tried this I would recommend posting this in the Google Analytics forum. You will likely get a quicker (and more accurate) response from the experts over there:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Tracking-Goals-Ecommerce/bd-p/Tracking_Goals_and_Ecommerce
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thanks Jim,
I've just moved it over hopefully is the correct area.
Thanks Albert