5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

the change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the beginning of this year adwords was a godsend , now it had become an expensive, ineffectual nightmare.I can hear it in the voices of the people Ive called on the help line at google,the deep pocket companies who have the money to wait out the tough times are pushing out the small businesses, who feel every dime they invest in advertising. I have learned alot about using this form of  ads in getting my custom ironwork business out there and my keywords,click-through rate, and even what times I advertise have improved accordingly. A change has definitely creeped into the field of competition, and more companies than ever are using this medium. If anyone thinks there is a bright side in being the little guy now, they are really kidding themselves. The last couple of hundred dollars that I invested in adwords have truly been a wake up call. The bottom line is sales. All the manipulating,scheduling and researching you learn, then master, are for one purpose. A purpose you dont lose track of when its time to pay your bills. In the second half of the summer, my business has faltered and not one new job can be attributed to adwords. Here is the real bad news- in the past, one tenth of my current investment, even with less expertise at adwords, resulted in a project large and profitable enough to leave the ads off for weeks. Leaving the next guy to get his product sold. Now its all the big outfits suffocating guys like me. We take it in the chin again.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: the change

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello puma; welcome;

Let me recommend this article, by one of the Community's  Top Contribrutors, Calin (aka, AdWiser). Calin tried in this article to  address  "AdWords frustration".....Smiley Happy

When advertising gets tough;  by AdWiser 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: the change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read that article. It encouraged me to write mine.