1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

text ad vs display ad - how to give preference to display

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have text ad as well as display ad but sometime by text ads replace my display ad how is that possible.

How to give preference to display ad more.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prosean I
July 2016

Re: text ad vs display ad - how to give preference to display

Top Contributor
# 15
Top Contributor
This thing must not happen if you don't have Search network with display select campaign or no text ads within the display network only campaign.
Also check if you are running a separate display remarketing campaign and any text ad is there.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

You can change the default rotation settings at the campaign level from optimize towards clicks to rotate evenly. Or create different ad groups for each ad type.

Ad rotation settings:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Prosean,

I assume you are running various ad types within the same ad group on the GDN. In that case, it is a usual technique to duplicate your favored ad multiple times by using the +AD drop-down under the ADS tab. That will give some extra weight to them in terms of ad rotation. (Ahmed's advice also applies.)

However, website owners have control over what type of ads they allow to be displayed on their property which could cap your results.

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Prosean,

By text ads did you mean text ads on search network or text ads on display network?
If it is the same then there is no interlinking between these two as both works on different platforms.

If both text ads and banner ads are on the display network only then best strategy is use both in different adgroups and bid higher for banners adgroup and low for text.

Ad rotation setting may help in this case but not sure as all the websites in display network offers different sizes of ads to show, even some offers only text ads.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes text ad means on search network .
Sometimes my text ads are shown in place of my display ads.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
This seems to be a campaign type issue.
Please check whether it is search network only campaign or by mistake you have opted the display network also.
Go to the the search campaign settings and check the campaign type if it is search network with display select.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have done it already.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Is it search only or search with display select?

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it search only

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
If it is search network only then text ads can not be there on the display network until you have any text ad in display campaign.
Check again if you have any text ad in the display campaign.

Regards