1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

targeting keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I created specific keyword phrases so I show up on my detailed results rather than broad ones since I can't compete with the larger businesses.  When I tested it out and did searches on my keyword phrases, these large businesses still show up. Their adwords sometimes doesn't even show the keywords but they still show up in top sponsored results.  I don't know how much more specific I can be with my keyword phrases so I'm not competing with them.  Any advice on tweaks I can make to my campaigns? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author strandedtreasur
September 2015

Re: targeting keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

if you are bidding on exact match; and have a high QS - and still your ad does not appear; show - you probably need to bid higher;
However; when you are saying that the ad is not showing at the top 3 positions - my guess is that your QS is low. What is your QS?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author strandedtreasur
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

if you are bidding on exact match; and have a high QS - and still your ad does not appear; show - you probably need to bid higher;
However; when you are saying that the ad is not showing at the top 3 positions - my guess is that your QS is low. What is your QS?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are mostly 4/10 and 5/10 but looks like my budget is too low. Thank you for your help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;
As I suspected; You need to work on your QS;  Smiley Surprised
You can find many good articles; advice, and best practices on improving OS in the user articles section of our community. (On the top navigation bar.)