AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

targeting in mobile apps for the Search network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

Can anyone help me with mobile apps campaigns for the Search network? 

My client's goal is to decrease the CPC in a very competitive sector.

I suggested him to use mobile apps but of course the targeting can be quite problematic.

(Couldnt find enough details about the Search Network mobile apps campaign).

Thanks in advance and a Happy New Year!!

DL

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: targeting in mobile apps for the Search network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I woould suggest you to go through this new format of ads called click to download ads by which you can drive traffic to download mobile apps for your client either build for itunes or play store. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549053

Additionally, there are mobile app extensions also available which you might find interesting.

This is the link: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2402582

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Re: targeting in mobile apps for the Search network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, you seem very savvy with everything related to Adwords. I have a question regarding App campaigns.

I am running App Extensions on the Search Network which are working fine for both Android and iOS, and I am thinking that I will also use Click to Download App Ads targeted to the same keywords. Will they compete against each other? Can they coexist?

Should I try an A/B testing instead of running them simultaneously?

Is Click to Download App available world-wide?

Sorry, about all this questions but I have been looking all over the internet for answers.

Thanks.

Federico Munoa