Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

tablet Device Performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Friends,

I have observed Tablet device performance is coming down month over month in my campaigns which are targeted to US. The dip is exactly started in May-14. My campaigns were doing good for Tablet devices before May-14 and suddenly started dipping without any major changes in my campaign settings. I am little bit concern about this segment hence I see some campaigns Avg. CPCs are recording more than the Computer devices.

I am trying to figure out the root cause for this issue and would like to know is there any sudden change in Google Algorithm for Tablet devices and like to know anybody experiencing the problem like this?

Thanks,

Karim SK.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: tablet Device Performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Karim, I'm not aware of any specific changes for tablets so the cause is probably elsewhere.

When you say the performance has dipped, what exactly has changed.  You mention CPC has increased, what's happened to CTR and impressions, etc?

Could it be seasonal?  Tablets, as mobile devices, might be used more or less at different times of the year or in different weather.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Jon,

Thanks for you reply. No major changes observed for CTR and impressions. The thing I observed is Avg position is improving and relatively CPC is increasing. And most concerning point is conversion rate is dipping for these devices. Overall, increasing cost, dipping conversion rate are hurting a lot to my campaign goals.

I checked the last year performance with the same date range but didn't find any worse behavior like this. I strongly believe, Google must change some algorithm about Tablet devices or all our competitors are following some strategy for Tablet devices what I am missing.

Thanks,
Karim SK.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Karim, I wouldn't spend too much time believing it is a change in Google that has caused what you're seeing.  AdWords is used by a vast number of people worldwide and such changes tend to be noticed - and reported - very rapidly.  Believing the change to be something at Google's end may well blind you to problems within your own Account or website that can be solved.

It's very difficult to offer more advice without knowing a great deal more about your business and website.  For example, any small change to the website could cause performance to change - particularly if that change has had a greater impact for tablet viewers.  I once saw a site where a minor change had caused the site to render unusably on mobile devices, which the owner had never checked.

Assuming you have checked the site on tablets - right through to the desired conversion action - I'd be looking now for signals in other areas, mostly based upon Analytics data.  Has visitor behaviour changed - their time on site, their pages viewed and which pages viewed.  Has organic traffic changed for tablets?  Has a competitor released an app that's easier to use and which is drawing tablet users away?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Karim,

Have you checked in for network Report, might be some of the search partners have exit and due to which you might be able to see drop in performance in Tablet Device, there might be same drop in your desktop campaigns also.

It Happens Year over Year, that some search partners leave and we see drop in performance of campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Manish,

I have checked the network and device level performance and observed on and off in conversion rate for Tabs and Desktops as well. Yes, I agree with you that some search partners might be drop and some newly adding is resulting the fluctuations in conversion rates and Avg. CPCs.

Thanks,
Karim SK.