AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

.swf photos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since Apple mobile devices don't support .swf format I was wondering if there's any other way than "click tags" to choose for "page open in a new window" for my ads? 

I've saved my banners in .swf but I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of creating 2 campaigns with different formats for different devices. 

Could you pls guide me on this?

Thanks

Sahar Attari

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: .swf photos

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sahar
All creatives should open in a new window regardless.
I think what you're looking for is HTML5 ads. The target window for the click-through URL must be set to "_blank" so the click-through will open in a new window. Do not leave the target statement undeclared.

You can find more details, as well as more options here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/94230?hl=en

Re: .swf photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen many banners that do not open in a new window. From what I gathered the only way to be sure that they open in a new window is to use a flash version of the photos. I used to use jpeg and gif. Could it have to do with the hosting website?

Best,
Sahar