1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

still having IS Lost (Rank) as high as 70%

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I want to potentially improve impression share and CTR, albeit there is performance issue with an ad group. Could you brief me? What can be the reason(s) for keywords having average positions 1.4, but still having IS Lost (Rank) as high as 70% ?
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clal Lodh
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Clal

I have a lot of experience in this area (unfortunately). 

There could be a lot of reasons for this but it's important to remember that rank doesn't necessarily mean the actual POSITION of the ad. 

If your adrank is low, you're lost impression share (rank) will be high. 

The culprit here is likely going to be your quality score. If you've got a low quality score, you're potentially not being included in a lot of auctions and those auctions you're not eligible for add to your lost impression share (rank). 

Quality score starts off with a 6 initially and I'd consider that bad. You have to improve your CTR and bid high initially to get a lot of data so Google can update your QS. You'll also need to use EVERY ad extension that you can as well as use extended text ads. 

work on improving your CTR and your IS Lost (Rank) will improve. 

If you're still having issues, maybe you can provide a screenshot of your stats at the keyword level including CTR and Quality score and we can go from there. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clal Lodh
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Clal

I have a lot of experience in this area (unfortunately). 

There could be a lot of reasons for this but it's important to remember that rank doesn't necessarily mean the actual POSITION of the ad. 

If your adrank is low, you're lost impression share (rank) will be high. 

The culprit here is likely going to be your quality score. If you've got a low quality score, you're potentially not being included in a lot of auctions and those auctions you're not eligible for add to your lost impression share (rank). 

Quality score starts off with a 6 initially and I'd consider that bad. You have to improve your CTR and bid high initially to get a lot of data so Google can update your QS. You'll also need to use EVERY ad extension that you can as well as use extended text ads. 

work on improving your CTR and your IS Lost (Rank) will improve. 

If you're still having issues, maybe you can provide a screenshot of your stats at the keyword level including CTR and Quality score and we can go from there. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Perhaps it's because you are using broad match type only with your keywords.
If so, you can check "Search terms match type" segment on the "Keyword" tab to get more info.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Clal,

I had the same issue i increased my daily budget so that my ads can show more often and i didnt miss out on opportunities.

Regards,

Zaby

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional links in your posts or signature. The use of a signature is a privilege reserved for members of the Google Top Contributor program