Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

status filter for automated rules

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to set up automated rules that I want to run for eligible keywords in eligible ad groups in eligible  campaigns. I have tried to filter with the status option, but there are 30 different statuses where 3 of them are called "eligible". Which one corresponds to keyword status, ad group status etc?

Appreciate all the help I can get. Smiley Happy

Spoiler

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erika R
September 2015

Re: status filter for automated rules

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Erika, I would say that scripts is indeed your better bet, particularly since you want to run over multiple Accounts and MCC level scripts have just come out of Beta.

You'll want to set conditions for the Keyword iterator, as so:

var keywords = AdWordsApp.keywords()
// Only want to look at keywords eligible to trigger ads.
.withCondition('CampaignStatus = ENABLED')
.withCondition('AdGroupStatus = ENABLED')
.withCondition('Status = ENABLED')

.get();

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Erika

The status is for the level at which you are trying setting up a automated rules. If you are setting up a automated rule at ad group level then it for the ad group and if you are setting it up at keyword level then its for the keywords.

Please correct me if I misunderstood your question and keep us posted.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek,

when I set the rule up at keyword level I actually have 30 different statuses to chose from. I don't wish to run the rule for active keywords in paused ad groups and/or paused campaigns. I only want to run it for active keywords in active ad groups and active campaigns. How do I set that up?

Best,
Erika

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Try doing this, first change the setting to "All enabled" setting in the All Campaigns drop down menu, refer to the image for refrence. Now do this at ad group level and then at keywords level. This will lead to show keywordswhich are enabled, in enabled ad groups as well as in enabled campaigns.img13.JPG

Hope that make sense!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Abhishek,

I feel as though we are speaking about two different things. I am speaking about automated rules, not to see the performance of active kws in active campaigns and ad groups.

I should probably also specify that I am trying to set up these automated rules on MCC level so that they can run across multiple accounts.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, I have never tried applying automated rules at MCC level. The steps which I suggested in the last post is to find the enabled keywords in ad groups and campaigns which I think you mentioned in your earlier post,"I don't wish to run the rule for active keywords in paused ad groups and/or paused campaigns. I only want to run it for active keywords in active ad groups and active campaigns." After doing those steps you will have only enabled keywords in enabled ad groups and campaigns infront of you and by selecting them all you can set rules for all these keywords as per your requirements.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But this would not be a sustainable solution since I might pause keywords, ad groups etc until teh next time the rule runs. Then I would need to do this check manually again which wouldn't be an automated process at all.

Also, I have 50+ accounts which I want to run this rules for once per week. That is why I definitely need it to be automated. Thank you for your time but I think that I will turn to scripts for a solution instead.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erika R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Erika, I would say that scripts is indeed your better bet, particularly since you want to run over multiple Accounts and MCC level scripts have just come out of Beta.

You'll want to set conditions for the Keyword iterator, as so:

var keywords = AdWordsApp.keywords()
// Only want to look at keywords eligible to trigger ads.
.withCondition('CampaignStatus = ENABLED')
.withCondition('AdGroupStatus = ENABLED')
.withCondition('Status = ENABLED')

.get();

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits