AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

statistics by industry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I have a client in Moving industy with very big budget, we are working on his account only 6 months and everything went well BUT during the last month we are experiencing something very weird. ALL the positions are falling and the Ave.CPC growing. and its happend in all our campings for this client (same industry - moving)

never happend before with any of my clients I cant understand what is going on.

Is there a place where I can check CPC trends by industries or to compere my prefomance with others in the same industry?

Thanks in advence.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: statistics by industry

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roman,

I can think of couple of options in your case:

One is to review the Auction Insights Report (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en) and see what your competition might be putting more efforts on, in terms of everything. It's a good way to compare and revise your benchmarks for the industry you are actually in.

Another option is to see whether you have implemented relevant ad extensions in your search campaigns or not. I remember an update coming up on Ad Rank in the month of October where ads promoting relevant ad extensions are likely to have enhanced ad rank over the ads without the ad extensions:

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/10/improving-ad-rank.html 

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Pankaj,
I will check the insights, re the extensions I don't think it is the issue since I used all possible extensions on this account and have high CTR on the all so I don't think its the reason to lose positions.
my another assumption is the low season for this business and the competitors are increasing their bids in order to get better positions. but I'm not sure where can I confirm or annul it.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

If you monitor your Auction competition fairly regularly, you will, in fact, probably start noticing when/if one or more competitors' ads start winning more auctions against your ads. Aside from that, no, you are not given information on what your specific competitors are bidding.

The moving industry is very seasonal. December might be a slow month but January is a busier one. It's possible that competiors are boosting their advertising to start booking capturing and booking January jobs.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*