AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

should i still continue Ad rotate evenly strategy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

my ads were set to show targeting for most click, after six month, i realise the CTR havent improve so much, then i change it to ad rotate evenly ,also, it is for testing the new ad copies too.

however,  the CTR of the campaigns has experienced obvious drop after 4 days since the change, should i wait for longer time, or switch it off, is it normal it is like this at the beginning of the change?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The most likely result of changing the setting from what is "get the best CTR" to essentially "I don't care about CTR" is that the CTR will drop. 

Rotate evenly is best used for new campaigns to save Google from showing bias to early CTR winners that are not statistically relevant. 

If you have conversion tracking, cost per conversion is usually a better statistic than CTR.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Google U

The rotate evenly setting delivers your ads more evenly into the ad auction. In general, rotating evenly allows ads with lower clickthrough rates and conversion rates to show more often, so this option could result in a lower average position or fewer clicks and conversions.

To know more in detail: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

Thanks,

Aslam