Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

random descriptive text appearing on my google ad

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi

The important descriptive text that outlines what my service provides, and that I carefully worded and saved onto my google ad to appear under my domain name is not appearing. Instead I get random pieces of text from my website.

Google help say that it is because of the words that are being searched for, but this doesnt make sense as the description is taken from different pages.. seemingly randomly. Googleads technical help say it is not their problem. The ad is formatted correctly as far as they can see.

So next port of call 123-reg... host site for my domain, and the provider of the template i use in their 'instansite' package.

They cannot tell me why the search engines are selecting random text either.

This text is MASSIVELY important. It tells the searcher what I do. Every time random text appears I am missing a click thru.

PLEASE can somebody help?

thanks

Teresa

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: random descriptive text appearing on my google ad

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

I request you to take a screen shot of the ads in adwords interface. Once you do we can give a better advice.

Siva.

N/A
# 3
N/A
sorry.. what is adwords interface?

thanks

Teresa

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I meant inside adwords.

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Theresa,

Are you using dynamic search ads? That would do just what you describe here.

In the organic search results, Google most often shows what is in the page's description meta-tag. Sometimes they will pull other text from the page if that appears to be more relevant to the user and the query.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords