Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

"This is related to your search"

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Recently I started to see this "This is related to your search" phrase in some ads. I haven't found much info online other than a Tweet talking about it in 2013... 

Anyone got any clue what this is about? 

If it is a quality measurement, what does Google use to determine a website is 'related to my search' while all the others aren't?

How can I make my ad 'related to the search'? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: "This is related to your search"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Camila,

To my experience it is because of Session Based Broad Match Keywords

When Google uses sessions based triggers to shows similar ads to the users, it usually comes up with that message below the ad. May be to make sure that even if there is a bit of irrelevance in ads (which is much less likely) being triggered this way, the user knows why has it happened...

Clicks on such ads usually show up as 'session based' clicks in the dimension tab for advertisers. And there is no way an advertiser can optimize or bid for Sessions Based keywords. 

Though I do not have any source to quote here, that's entirely my personal view on the question.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Camila,

Could you post a screenshot of it please?
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sem título.jpg

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Well, honestly I'm seeing this for the first time. May be based on preferences. Let's wait to see if others have seen this.
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Camila,

To my experience it is because of Session Based Broad Match Keywords

When Google uses sessions based triggers to shows similar ads to the users, it usually comes up with that message below the ad. May be to make sure that even if there is a bit of irrelevance in ads (which is much less likely) being triggered this way, the user knows why has it happened...

Clicks on such ads usually show up as 'session based' clicks in the dimension tab for advertisers. And there is no way an advertiser can optimize or bid for Sessions Based keywords. 

Though I do not have any source to quote here, that's entirely my personal view on the question.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.