AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

"The webpage doesn't show ads in the format of your ads.....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

Can anyone provide some guidance on what this message means? It's a message I receive in the keywords status pop-up in the 'showing ads right now?' section. 

• The webpage doesn't show ads in the format of your ads on the selected device.

It's really not clear what this means. To me anyway. Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: "The webpage doesn't show ads in the format of your ads.....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks Ryan. 

The most likely reason for such a notification is - very narrow targeting. Make sure your campaign targeting is not too restrictive. Add broader yet relevant keywords/targeting and bid sufficiently on them. 

There's similar thread here

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ryan A,

Could you tell us more about your campaigns settings? What kind of campaign it is and what ad formats you are using?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! thanks.

I'm running app install campaigns in search network only using the app install ad format.

Also note that the campaign IS getting impressions which makes this message even more confusing. 

Cheers!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks Ryan. 

The most likely reason for such a notification is - very narrow targeting. Make sure your campaign targeting is not too restrictive. Add broader yet relevant keywords/targeting and bid sufficiently on them. 

There's similar thread here

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just found the answer. It has nothing to do with narrow targeting or low bids (lol at that basic answer) as seen in previous opinions. When you run a keyword diagnoses, the disapproval error we're seeing - The webpage doesn't show ads in the format of your ads on the selected device - defaults to desktop, which means this is a desktop disapproval. By nature of the campaign type - "Search Network - mobile app installs," our ads aren't showing up on desktops anyway, so the error should be disregarded, and only considers ads being disapproved on desktops.

Hope this helps.