AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

"Negative keyword" don't work!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm really frustrated! One of my negative keyword does not work and my ads are still appear for this keyword and it really drags my average CTR down. I'm renting out apartments and I want to exclude (Most of all) the word "condos" which is really irrelevant for me. 

I've added the word in a negative keyword list as broad match AND phrase match. Besides that, I've added "condos" as a negative keyword both on ad group level and campaign level. 

STILL, my ads appear for search queries including "condos".

What shall I do??

Best,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey John,

any chance you are looking at wrong timeline? I mean like you are looking at search queries for the last 14 days, but you only added negative keyword condos a week ago?

Tomáš

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope. I'm always start with evaluating yesterdays performance. So it's not that issue in this case.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

I just want to confirm that you have added both condo and condos as broad match negative keyword. And you are not using condos and condo in your keyword lists which you are targeting by mistake. Please check.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’