AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

"Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am new to this group.

I am getting the following error in my ad preview

"Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one".

I have 3 different ads in my adgroup.
 Sample of my ads as follows

Ad#1

Buy Full Sleeve Shirts Online

Pay by debit/credit/netbanking

30% discount on Full Sleeve Shirts 

Ad#2

Buy Half Sleeve Shirts Online

20% discount on Half Sleeve Shirts 

Ad#3

Buy T-Collar Shirts online 

10% discount on T-Colar Shirts 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Re: "Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one&

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello,

When you hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual ad copy, what message are you getting? Does it say ad running Yes or any other message?

Also if you need to ensure that all ads equally run across Google search, you should select rotate evenly in your ad rotation settings, so that single ad doesn't get the preference. Rather all ads are entered into auction.

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,
Thanks for the reply. Marked ad rotation to "rotate evenly".

I get this error on keywords speech bubble.But not on any of the adcopy
Here the actual error,

"Showing ads right now?
No
Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score. What can I do?
Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one."

thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

If your keyword isn't triggering ad due to low Ad Rank, then you need to basically work on improving that metric. Ad Rank depends upon many factors which includes Quality Score, how well the ad extensions are being used and the keywords bid. Each of these elements have to be looked upon and reviewed for improvement.

I would suggest reviewing this help center doc along with specific videos and then make the changes accordingly:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722122?hl=en

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm seeing the same message for a keyword: "Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one."

What does that actually mean, I'm looking at a keyword, not an ad/creative?

I had the campaign set to rotate evenly. I'm trying optimise for conversion to see if that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also facing the same issue. I have my ads on rotate evenly, so the message doesn't make any sense. My keyword had 5/10 quality score.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Tony and Mihai,

This is a different issue from the one the thread was initially started about, but I'd like to look into this for you. Could one of you please share a screenshot of this note showing up as a status for a keyword? Please make sure not to include sensitive info like your Customer ID number of email address in the screenshot.

Thanks,
Cassie

KCG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
KCG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

I believe this is a similar issue from the one who started the thread. I mean my concern + those of Tony's and Mihai's.

I have just enabled a new campaign and trying to slowly optimize it, and I am seeing the same message both in AdPreview and in the Keyword tab bubble: "Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one."

I understand that AdPreview (or Google AdWords in general) is not entirely bug-free. Over the years, I encountered a lot of error messages that are totally random and totally not related to the issue at hand. But this is the first time I have seen this error message.

I am thinking this might be one of those "bugs" and that it will resolve itself over time.

I attached 2 screenshots: one from AdPreview and another from Keyword tab. Quality Score is 6 for the keyword in the screenshot, but I have this problem in multiple keywords.AdPreviewAdPreviewKeyword TabKeyword TabAnd nope, we are not violating any policies regarding medicines and supplements.

Thanks,

Kristine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie, 

I think the picture below says it all. Good quality score for a new keywords, ad rotation on evidently, what is the notification point? 

example kw.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm getting the same issue here.
The campaign was working flawlessly for over 3 months without major changes, when all of the sudden the "another creative(...)" on top of your ads are not being displayed because of poor ad score...