Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Re: "Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one&

Community Manager
# 11
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

There are no known issues with the keyword status right now--this looks to be similar to the question answered in this thread. You'll see Clyton's answer there that this status on the keyword level does not necessarily mean that the keyword is not running (especially if you are getting impressions on that keyword); rather, that you may have another similar keyword in your account that would win out in that theoretical auction instead. This may happen if you have duplicate keywords, including plurals or misspellings that are interchangeable, or if you have the same keyword in different match types but are bidding higher (or have a better quality score) on a different match type version of that keyword.

Hope this helps,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am still confuse, this mean we should not have multiple ad copies in our adgroup or do not have duplicate keywords(with different match type).

Community Manager
# 13
Community Manager
Hi Amit,

No, I'm not suggesting that you should not have multiple ad copies or keyword match types--just that the keyword status indicator may tell you a phrase match keyword is not showing when in fact, its exact match counterpart may be showing.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 14
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also facing this issue with new campaign. But I don't think so ad rotation setting is the issue of this. When I am hovering mouse on ad copy then it show that ad is running well but when I hover my mouse over keyword speech bubble then it show the error message that Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one. I am not sure why this is happening. I have also set the ad rotation evenly.

Please suggest best setting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 15
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there! I'm having the same confusing message when I hover my mouse over a keyword speech bubble, saying "Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one". It makes no sense regarding a keyword diagnostics. Moreover, I only have one creative in that ad group.
I also get that type of message when using the Ad Preview and Diagnostics.
I hope the Adwords team can fix this so that we can see the actual reason why any particular keyword is not triggering the ad.
Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 16
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another Creative was selected means - The same keyword in same or different format ( match type/ plural) was selected over this one. Hence - DO NOT REPEAT A KEYWORD IN ANY FORM IN YOUR CAMPAIGN or ACCOUNT , as per my google account manager. also re read cassieH reply

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 17
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I am repeating them but not in the same campaign and I don't think so I have repeated them under same ad groups as you are thinking.
Can you suggest some thing else.

Re: "Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 18
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do not repeat anywhere in the account i said ! in any format 1 exact match
1 phrase match 1 plural = all the same thing

just keep 1 and remove all the others

--
Regards

Shweta P

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 19
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Shweta You are assuming wrong. We can repeat the same keywords and ad copy under different campaigns of one account.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 20
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Only one ad can show from your account for a given auction, so if you are using the same keyword in the same ad group, two different ad groups, or two different campaigns, one of the versions of that keyword will be selected to show for a query and all of the other versions of that keyword will not--those are usually the circumstances in which you see this message in the ad diagnosis speech bubble.

Like I said before, this does not mean that you can't have the same keyword in a different campaign, ad group, or within the same ad group. But it does mean that the system will likely continue to show you this message.

If you don't think this is the case for your account, I'd recommend getting in touch with the AdWords Team so that they can look into account specifics with you.

Cassie

Experts in the Topic
CassieH
pankaj1782