2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

quality score and relevancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am fairly new to this, however this quality score seems very strange to me.

I run a limousine business

My key words target the exactlimousines I have for hire

I have the landing page correct - eg hummer limo key words land on my hummer page

I have all the negitive keywords that would lead incorrect traffic to me eg i dont have pink hummer so i use this as negative keyword.

Yesterday, my quality score was at 7 and above with the majority 9 and 10.

This morning theyall drop to 5 and 6

I dont use broad match because it steer the wrong traffic

i use exactmatch and phrase match

By using these I upped the quality score and am getting the right people to my web site

so how is it that google is telling me the quality score and rlevancy in wrong?

I would like to understand this

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: quality score and relevancy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello racosv; welcome to AdWords;

Read these two articles. It will make clear the all aspects of QS calculations:

Please also note that you will find many excellent articles for beginners in the wiki section of the Community (on the upper navigation bar).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello & Welcome To Our Community!

Kindly screenshot your Clickthrough Rate from July 22-present, so we can check the peformance of your campaign and determine if this is the underlying cause.

How we calculate Quality Score

Every time someone does a search that triggers your ad, we calculate a Quality Score. To calculate this Quality Score, we look at a number of different things related to your account, like the following:

• Your keyword's past clickthrough rate (CTR): How often that keyword led to clicks on your ad
  • Your display URL's past CTR: How often you received clicks with your display URL
  • Your account history: The overall CTR of all the ads and keywords in your account
  • The quality of your landing page: How relevant, transparent, and easy-to-navigate your page is
  • Your keyword/ad relevance: How relevant your keyword is to your ads
  • Your keyword/search relevance: How relevant your keyword is to what a customer searches for
  • Geographic performance: How successful your account has been in the regions you're targeting
  • Your ad's performance on a site: How well your ad's been doing on this and similar sites (if you're targeting the Display Network)
  • Your targeted devices: How well your ads have been performing on different types of devices, like desktops/laptops, mobile devices, and tablets – you get different Quality Scores for different types of devices

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

Relevancy has a lot to do with the CTR of your ads/keywords/search term pairs. And the quality score is changing constantly (it's calculated for every search). It's not at all unusual to start with a 7, have it stay at 7 for a while, then, if you have 2-3 hours when you get a good CTR you can see it go to 10, and drop to 6 after more hours with more impressions and lower CTR.

You could go to your keywords tab and look at the keywords that generate the most traffic. If the system has enough data already, you can see who you're competing against, and see how you stack against them. Here's the article announcing the feature: http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2012/05/make-smarter-decisions-with-new-auction.html

Once you see who your competition is, you can try to write better ads and increase your CTR, which will clearly increase your QS as well, and decrease the cost per click.

Also, you should look at some search term reports and see if the phrase match keywords do not attract search queries with a low CTR, thus decreasing the QS of those keywords. If they do, you may want to use some negative keywords to prevent them from appearing in the future. This could also have a positive effect on the CTR of those phrase match queries.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.