AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

profitable keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

how should i determine the most profitable keywords within my campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: profitable keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bob - If you are able to track conversions on - orders on your website, as phone calls, or offline - you can trace these back to the keyword that brought you those conversions.

Say, you sell wine and you advertise on the keywords "wine" and "beer", you will see that througj the keyword "wine" you are getting more orders than through the keyword "beer".

If you are in e-commerce and track your conversions into the fullest detail, you can find return on investment per keyword. If your conversions do not happen online - you have a shop for example - measuring what are your best keywords is a little trickier. You can look for the behavior on your website per keyword (in Google Analytics, for example).

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Bear in mind that there is more than one way to make money - there may be low volume keywords with good profit margins and there may be high volume keywords with low margins - both are perfectly valid.... don't get bogged down focusing on one at the expense of the other.

you can save a $1,000 in $100 bills or in quarters - the value is the same.... but, here's the thing - lose one quarter and you've still got $999.75.....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The most profitable keywords according to me is having higher CTR,Max Conversions & Lowest CPA.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
A high CTR would be nice, couple that with lots of conversions, even better - but the low CPA pays the bills.....