4.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ppc landing page links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do links add or take away value on ppc specific landing pages used for lead generation?

Also, if the landing page is say: xyz.mainsite.com, do the main website links have any relevance for quality score?

Thanks --Dennis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ppc landing page links

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dennis,

Landing page relevancy is not calculated on the basis of only the links placed on it. Complete landing page, including relevant content, Title, meta tags, page load time, neat and clean design, will make it a good & relevant landing page.

Again the Quality Score will be calculated on the basis of complete landing page. E.g. if your URL contains the targeted keyword, your landing page talks about that targeted keyword and you have valuable information related to your targeted keyword on your landing page then it will help in increasing your quality score of the keywords.

Was it helpful?

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I get and understand your reply but I'm not sure in my situation of "PPC Landing Pages for Lead Generation". These pages are only for Lead Gen and curious if having links on the landing pages help or hinder. Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dennis,

If your landing page offer little value to the users and is focused primarily on traffic/lead generation then you are violating the policies and it's not allowed.

I would recommend you to go through Adwords Advertising Policies before taking final decision:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942

And do check below topic explaining "Landing page experience"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Regards,
Ashish

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
External links on landing page does not have direct impact on a QS. However as mentioned earlier if you have too many external links but less relevant content to what being said in your ad text you will have a negative impact.

I think in any case you should think about page user friendliness. If you feel like that page has good quality content and its is easier for general user to understand I'm sure your quality score would have better impact also