Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

poor landing page experience

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I am experiencing poor landing page relevancy and my quality score is 2 only. I am targeting [texas drivers license] keyword with theme based landing page with related content but still I am not seeing any improvement. Below is my landing page and details:

http://teen.idrivesafely.com/Texas-tx/texas-drivers-license.html and targeting keyword is [texas drivers license]

My ad position is 1.2 and my CTR is 5%. and my page speed for desktop 79/100 and  mobile is 57/100 please note that we are not targeting mobile devices due to poor conversion rate.

Please let me know if there any issue with my landing page below are my few queries

(navigation - currently there is a navigation bar leading users away from the page. All exit points are scored into QS)

There are currently multiple H1 header tags on the page – need to make sure you only have 1 H1 tag?

Below is my ad copy:

Texas Drivers License

TEA Approved Course, Easy To Pass.

Get Your Texas Drivers License

IDriveSafely.com/TexasDriverLicense

Please review my landing page and help me out to increase the quality score of keyword.

Thanks,

Satya

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: poor landing page experience

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Satya,

Your stats, ad copy and structure sound good.

I'm just wondering whether this is affiliate marketing?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Scott,

No its not affiliate marketing. any suggestions on my LP?

Thanks,
Satya

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Satya,

From what I can see, your Landing page does not have a form on it where users can directly fill the form up and sign up with you. Plus, I have to navigate through two pages (in total) to go to the form fill page.

This I think could be the reason you have a low QS and a bad user experience on your LP. If users have to navigate through multiple pages to sign up with you, they may just bounce off your page. I suggest you change your LP and insert an form fill element on it for users to fill up the form directly. You can give the rest of the details like your USP's on the 'Thank You' page and keep the lead informed about them.

You can also double check on this by logging into your GA account and checking the bounce rate of your LP and the page that loads after that.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Satya,

I will add more to what Shashank advised. 

To me, this landing page looks too old-fashioned, sorry but that'swhat I felt when spent sometime there. If I am asked, I would spend time to get it optimized before deploying AdWords efficiently. After all, every penny matters.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. -Abraham Lincoln. It definitely applies here. 

Secondly, it loads a whole bunch of unnecessary scripts which can be minimized significantly.  Then, two different versions of Analytics load on the same page... 

lpexperience.png

The page needs work on its loading speed and mobile optimization. Even if you are not targeting mobile users, it surely is a factor for better landing page experience. 

I would advise you to work with the landing page redesign to ensure better user-experience and the relevancy with your ad copies. 

My two cents!

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Ratan