AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

plurals in phrase match

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi ,

if i am taking keywords in phrase match so i need to keep both keywords ex - "hotel in goa" and "hotels in goa" or only one among both. and which is more preferable?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author swati c
November 2015

Re: plurals in phrase match

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Swati,

In negative keywords, you need to add singular, plural, misspells etc. But for positive keywords Phrase and exact match type triggers for close variants such as singular, plural etc.

Adding one is fine. No point adding both initially in my opinion in Positive keywords. If you see later in search term report that any close variant is performing better and you should bid separately you can always do that. You can than add in existing adgroup and can also create a new adgroup depend on your strategy and performance of the keyword.

Let us know if you need more clarification on same.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
In case of phrase match, you will have to use both though sometimes closely matching keywords with search terms are also shown. If you want to use broad match then you can use one of them.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
i think ur not correct, i have talked to adwords support team , they said in negative keywords you need to take both but in phrase for positive keywords only 1 will be sufficient.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author swati c
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Swati,

In negative keywords, you need to add singular, plural, misspells etc. But for positive keywords Phrase and exact match type triggers for close variants such as singular, plural etc.

Adding one is fine. No point adding both initially in my opinion in Positive keywords. If you see later in search term report that any close variant is performing better and you should bid separately you can always do that. You can than add in existing adgroup and can also create a new adgroup depend on your strategy and performance of the keyword.

Let us know if you need more clarification on same.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Neha Smiley Happy