Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

please guide - still i am not getting clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey guys - please help me out

Still i am not getting clicks for "Display Ads" - please check is there anything missing out or need to add

Below given is the display ad status. 

just-July-01-2013.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: please guide - still i am not getting clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Sanjeet, 

Check your ad status its approve. You are getting impression or not. If you are getting only impression no clicks, Increase your bid. 

To find the right Display Network bid, you can make a starting bid, see what happens, and then edit it. If you don't set a specific Display Network bid, AdWords will use your ad group's default bid.

The Display Network may give you results that are better or worse than search ads, depending on your business and the ways you advertise.

After you make your first bid, wait for a few days and then go to your account, and on the "All campaigns" view, find the "Totals" row for the Display Network. There, you'll see the number of impressions, clicks, and costs for your ad. You might ask yourself not just "do I get a lot of clicks?" but "do those clicks lead to the results I want?" Continue to monitor impressions and clicks, but you should wait a couple weeks before making too many changes. If you edit your bids too frequently, you might not be able to assess your performance accurately.

Hope it helps you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi suman

thanks to your quick reply.

Ads got approved but there is only "0" impressions are showing.

Thanks in advance

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Sanjeet,
You have to at least two days and check your bids.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you check the placements as you are running Display ads so check whether you have managed placement?

Regards,

Venus Kalra

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

It looks like you are running contextual display ad campaign where you are targeting keywords inside your Display network campaign.

Apart from the keywords, are you also targeting any domains inside the campaign or not?

I can also see that as per your screenshot, you have Target and bid method implemented which is set by default. Please note that doing this will use the default targeting of your ad group and not any customized settings. Read this article for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

There might be some other issues as well like bidding is not enough for your ad groups, you might want to review them.

You could also use the contextual targeting tool or the placement tool or the new Display Planner tool to look for other variation of keywords or placements for your services.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
From the screenshot we can see that you are not getting any impressions - without impressions you are not going to get clicks (obviously)

If you were getting impressions and no clicks then that would be a different problem.

The most likely explanations have been covered already, but the targeting is the most likely factor. If, for example, you have a few keywords, and combine that with demographic targeting and then placements you might be limiting yourself to such a small target group that you cannot get any impressions - for example you might be looking to target women between 45 - 55 with a handful of keywords on a couple of sites.... not enough for Google to play with.

If, on the other hand you feel that your targeting is broad enough to trigger impressions you might want to "kick start" the traffic by increasing your bid dramatically. I have found that this can work - put in a high bid until the traffic begins and then lower to the kind of level you are comfortable with and that works for your business model.