Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

placement bid adjustments for mobile apps

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everybody,

I would like to add mobile apps as placement targeting with a bid adjustment in Adwords Editor, but every time I upload them I get the following error:

¨warning: this placement´s URL appears to be invalid or malformed. Please consider editing the placement URL before posting.¨

I´ve tried deleting the: ¨ mobileapp:: ¨ part, but I still get the same error.

I do have it as well if I want to enter a mobile app as a negative placement in Adwords Editor, but I´ve solved that by just uploading in the online interface.

Did anyone had this problem before or knows how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Bram

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: placement bid adjustments for mobile apps

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Bram,

Have you tried adding "adesenseformobileapps.com"?

That might work!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
After re-reading, i realized you might be talking about only a few specific apps, in which my suggestion wouldn't work. I think the safest bet is probably to use the placement tool & work through the interface. Someone else might have a better suggestion, though!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amy,

Thanks for your reply, but I haveb't done that, because my purpose is not the exclude them.

I currently use keyword targeting with bid adjustments on several other target area's. One of this target area's are placements. So for example for www.example.com I'm willing to pay 10% more. And I would really like to do the same for Mobile Apps, but then I get the problems as described early.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Oh, I see I replied to quick Smiley Wink, but what do you exactly mean with use the placement tool & work through the interface? I've tried adding them with bid adjustments through Adwords Editor and the online interface, but couldn't find how

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Bram,

Applying bid adjustment to mobile app category that's seen under automatic placements wouldn't work, as that isn't a placement URL. I understand you'd like to bid more on mobile apps. however, if you could elaborate the kind of product/service you're advertising, we can think of alternatives.

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amy,

Yes, I read this post as well, but my problem is not to find specific mobile apps. I just analyze my placement reports, see what are my best placements and make bid adjustments accordingly.

Sumanth, thanks for your reply!! I realize it's not a placement URl, but what I find strange is that I do find them in my placement report and I exclude them as negative placements in the online interface. If they're not placement URL, it kinda seems like Google is threating at this point.

The product I'm advertising is a medium, and my main targeting is by keyword with bid adjustments. So I do not what to target specifly Mobile device, I just analyze my placement reports and the placements with good results (including the mobile ones) therefore I would like to be able to adjust my bid. But it seems like this not possible (yet)??
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram K
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I might be misunderstanding your post, still, but couldn't you just take the mobile apps that you know you want to add (based upon your analyses), then search them in the placement tool and add them from there? It definitely seems like the scenic route but it sounds like it would work?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Amy, I think I misunderstood your post, because I've tried it and it seems to workSmiley Happy

Well I right now I can still only add them directly as a new AdGroup and not as campaign placements, and even if they're in the online interface I can't get them in Adwords editor, but that just seems a question of trying around for a bit. Many thanks!!