AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

phone calls and query form conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have some confusions in my mind about google call forwarding conversions and query form conversions. In my call forwarding settings i have marked count phone calls as conversions. So, so every time i get a call it shows 1 converted click, 1 conversion and 1 phone call in phone call section. But few times i see it shows the data for some particular dates in that way :- 1 converted click, 1 conversion and 2/3 phone call in phone call section. So, what does it mean is there a particular user have called me more than 1 time. If he called me 2/3 times then it should also increase the number of conversions as i have marked count every call as conversion in call extension settings.

Moreover, it also increases my doubt when i get conversions from filling the query form. Because there i get confused by seeing the conversion matrices as there i get data in conversion matrices from query form conversion and phone call conversion and data shows something like that 2 converted clicks, 3 conversions and 2 phone calls. What does it mean ?. How many conversions i got from query forms and how many form phone calls. 

Kindly guide me on above mentioned two instances.

Waiting for  your replies guys....

Have a good day ahead. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author roshan m
September 2015

Re: phone calls and query form conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Few things to understand here that if you have enabled call as a conversion, then only those calls will be treated as conversions where you have specified some minimum time period. Otherwise the call will be recorded, but a conversion will not count.

Similarly, there is a difference between converted clicks (1-per-click) and conversions (many-per-click). Also what conversion count you have set i.e. all or unique.

So depending upon all these permutations and combinations, there is a possibility of data discrepancies in terms of Conversion being tracked.

You can find more details around conversions here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author roshan m
September 2015

Re: phone calls and query form conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Few things to understand here that if you have enabled call as a conversion, then only those calls will be treated as conversions where you have specified some minimum time period. Otherwise the call will be recorded, but a conversion will not count.

Similarly, there is a difference between converted clicks (1-per-click) and conversions (many-per-click). Also what conversion count you have set i.e. all or unique.

So depending upon all these permutations and combinations, there is a possibility of data discrepancies in terms of Conversion being tracked.

You can find more details around conversions here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Pankaj