2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

our adword position sudenly went down without any reasons

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

our adword position sudenly went down without any reasons. I don't think all other ads increase biz at the same time

Re: our adword position sudenly went down without any reasons

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Helen,

There can be a couple of reason why your position went down. One could be a new company started bidding on the same keywords. Another company could have increased their bids or increased their budget so they show up longer through out the day. There could be a drop off of searches. When there are fewer clicks in general it cost more to get higher positions.

I would try running your keywords through a trend tool to see if it is that first. http://www.google.com/trends/

Re: our adword position sudenly went down without any reasons

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Do have a good look through your Adwords account; there may be things that haven't changed - and things that have - and the things that have changed have changed so much that your entire position was affected.

Check the results for geography, demograhics, time of day, you name it. The clue'll be there somewhere - and it'll be a lurch. Of course, if there isn't then it's going to be external.

The other thing to do is to try some imaginative alternatives to your adwords ads. These always improve CTRs (and therefore your ad position). Most ideas don't work - one will, and once you know the flavour of the one that does, you can explore it further. Getting a CTR over 4% is relatively easy then, and with more traffic you'll get a better ad position.

Does this help any?