AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

one impression two clicks charged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On a daily basis I am being charged at least once- 2 clicks for one impression

Are other people cheated in this way?

How can this be stopped. Google workers want to argue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: one impression two clicks charged

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Gerald,

This is not something to be alarmed about and can happen. There are a number of reasons such as:

There may be data lag, and the clicks are updated whereas the impressions are not. This happens as clicks do tend to be updated on a more regular basis.

A user can legitimately click your ad twice. Google will only register one impression per search but a user can (for example when comparison shopping) right click your ad to open in new tab and then maybe click a sitelink or close the tab and then re click your ad during the same session.
Even if you are seeing multiple clicks from a single IP this may be due to a service provider assigning one IP to multiple users.

There are a number of ways that a user can legitimately click your ad twice and only receive one impression, so it is not something to be worried about under normal circumstances.

Hope this helps!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Though it isn't actually possible to have more clicks than impressions, sometimes your account reports may reflect more clicks than impressions, or a clickthroughrate (CTR) of more than 100%.

Why does this happen? First, the reports that you see in your account aren't in real time. Clicks are updated about every hour, while impressions are updated every few hours. So, it's possible that the number of clicks displayed in your reports will exceed the number of impressions, until your reports are completely updated. This usually happens by the end of the day (11:59 p.m. in the time zone you've selected for your account).

To see the greatest accuracy in your reports, we suggest reviewing a given day's reports on the following day, when the servers have finished reporting the clicks and impressions.

More information about Missing data and discrepancies:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404039?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Gerald,

If you are looking at today's data, it is incomplete. Always look at yesterday or any day before that.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now is next day and the numbers did not change. I suspect something
like a continuous ongoing error in their favor.
This is third day in a row this happens. If the search network produces
a profit enhancer like this from all advertisers daily I can count.
Always suspect the organization that benefits.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Today the numbers are still the same. 200% clicks per impression on at least one word on search. This is third day in a row that I noticed. I have the sense to follow the money and calculate this as a profit enhancer to the organization that benefits. I am unsure if
this occurs to all advertisers on a daily basis but if so the there is certainly a lot
of extra profit. Since this is ongoing I have shut down my search ads yesterday
as I have the philosophy to not let myself be constantly cheated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The same user clicks the same expensive ad multiple times at the same moment.
This occurs on expensive search ads $2-$3 per click.
As this occurs daily and there is no end of day adjustment I have to assume the
beneficiary is the cause and deliberate.
If this was happening to all advertisers using search ads once daily think about the profit
enhancement.
Yesterday statistics still indicate 200% clicks on one impression on one word
as each day does,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Today is fourth day in a row that am charged for two clicks on one impression
only happens on most expensive words in search.
Caveat emptor if you do not check your statements daily this is happening to you-
millions of merchants, once a day for a few dollars, comes to hundreds of millions.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Gerald,

Is it always the same keyword? Do the clicks all come from the same IP address?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
why is nobody from Google replying to your 'allegations'? we have had the same thing happen to an account we look after. will keep an eye on it now that I've seen this thread.