Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

offers

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

We sell one service. We have a couple of generic campaigns about this services. Because it is a localized service, (private teachers that go to your house), we have several located campaigns

~I want to promote an offer and have completly control of its budget and performance but because the keywords are going to be the same as the other campaigns, I am not very sure how to do it in order to not compete with ourselves and have all the keyowrds running. Should I focus on promote it ina  generic level and stop generic campaigns or take the best keyowrds, stop them in their current camapigns and add them to the offer camapign...

Many thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Verónica R
September 2015

Re: offers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Veronica,

If I understood correctly, you might try this way:-

Run local campaigns with generic keywords and target your local cities as you are doing. Here, you might try advanced location settings (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en) and implement option i.e. People in your targeted location.

Secondly, you might identify different regional keywords and target them nationally with settings as People searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location. Also make sure to exclude all your local cities from this campaign.

Doing this will help you target users both ways i.e. ones who are physically located in your target regions and secondly the set of users who sho interest in your target locations but are from outside phyical location where you are targeting ads.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Verónica R
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Veronica,

It's a little hard for an outsider to say without knowing the details of your account and your business. I would first think about for which searches is the offer most relevant/most likely to appeal, and then pause keywords in the existing campaigns accordingly. Start with what's best for the success of the promotion. As long as you're only pausing keywords and not deleting them, you can always turn them back on so it's easy to switch back if you try something and it doesn't work.

I hope this helps. If you still have questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks, it really helps, some of the keywords worked ok in the existing campaigns and not very well in the new one so I have turned them back. Others just needed a different match type.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Good to hear that we were helpful--sometimes you just need to give it a try.