AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

not getting inquiry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i have a client who wants to promote his business of 'shawls' in turkey, i created a campaign and add some keyword related to shawls in english but after one week i am not getting clicks because shawls keyword doesn't have good search volume in turkey.

Also i came to know that people use diff. word for shawls in turkey so can any one please tell me what actually people that product in turkey.

so please suggest me to how to promote shawls in turkey and what are the necessery stratigies should be implemented.

Thanks

Re: not getting inquiry

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Moonishtrade,

I'm no expert on advertising in Turkey, but Turkey seems to have a pretty diverse language profile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey#Language).  According to wikipedia, it might be a safe assumption that the majority of Turkish users would not use the word 'shawl'.  Instead, they may use the word "şal" (shawl in turkish) according to Google Translate.

Google AdWords Set Up and Basics recommends that "before you create your first ad campaign, take the time to create a mental profile of the customers you’re trying to reach. Considering your customers' preferences, habits, and traits can help you choose the right settings for your campaign."  They include language and geographic location as two critical things to consider in the campaign planning process.

In order to be successful in Turkey, you will need to understand your customers' language well enough to create keywords, ads and possibly even landing pages that will showcase your products in a way that is most relevant to them.  Since language and location targeting are set at the campaign level, you'll want to create different campaigns for each language that you wish to target.  You can read more about this on the Set up your ad's target language page.

Once you're sure that you're targeting the right languages and locations.  Use the keyword planner tool to do more detailed research about the words and phrases that your customers might be using to describe your product wherever they are located.

Good luck.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

My personal suggestion would be to do the following assuming that you know English and Turkish language:

1] Search keywords in turkish language with the help of Keyword Planner.( Use turkish keyowrds with turkish Adcopies in one campaign)

2] Also, try using different Match Types for keywords specifically to broad or BMM to start getting clicks and later excuding the irrelevant serach queries from Search Term reports. This should help you get some clicks at the moment.

3] As you said your client want to promote his business, can you please elaborate a little more. Is he looking to create a brand awareness or looking for Direct response advertising like making sale,purchase etc. Based on his goals you'll have to set a pricing model whether it should be CPC or CPM. If his goals is to create brand awareness then i would suggest you to create a Campaign taregeting only Google Display network which has a wide reach. You can target relevant placements that coincide with your product.

4] If you know turkish language then i would suggest you to write Adcopies in turkish not in English (Dont use Google Translator as it is not correct, I had a bad experience using Translator ).

5] Make a new campaign for english speaking audience in turkey so that you dont miss any potential prospect.( English keywords with English Adcopies)

I hope this helps you.

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI moonishtrade,

welcome to the community.

1. Check how shawls is pronounce in Turkey
2. Write ads in Turkish language
3. Send people to the Turkish landing page about shawls.

If you neglect any of the 3, peowill not react on your offer. Respect the markett and the customer. If you want to sell in Turkey, do everything in Turkish or find a local agency.