AdWords Express
5K members online now
5K members online now
Make the most out of your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

my florist adword ad needs to be seen by local people in my area and to people up north

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my ad says people within 20 miles of me will see my AdWords Ad period. But, I also need people anywhere in the world to see my ad when they search for, "florist in Stuart, FL," from where ever they are. So if they search, "florist in" any of my service area cities I need to be seen in their search results.  How do I make sure this is happening???

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
December 2016

my florist adword ad needs to be seen by local people in my area and to people up north

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Moby D,

Adwords Express uses your ad audience to target ad placements, which includes geographic targeting. 

• Targeted locations: Your ads can appear for people who are located within the geographic area that you've chosen to target.
  • Names of locations in searches: Some of your potential customers aren't located within your targeted area, but they might include words related to your location in their searches, such as postal codes or the names of nearby cities. If they show interest in businesses like yours in your geographic area, we may show your ads to these customers who are outside of your targeted area.

Example: You create an ad for your dentist's office and target your ad to Los Angeles. When someone in Los Angeles searches for dentist on Google, your ad is eligible to appear. Another person in San Diego searches for Los Angeles dentist on Google. She can also see your ad because she included your targeted location “Los Angeles” in her search.

Targeting a radius or individual locations

When choosing where your ad can appear, you can choose to target either a radius around your business or target cities, states, or countries.

Regardless of whether you choose to target a radius or individual locations, we'll show your ad to all eligible locations within the area that you've targeted.

Choosing the size of your target area

• Targeting larger areas: If you're currently targeting California, but you also add San Francisco, we'll target your ads to all of California, including San Francisco. In this case, you can remove San Francisco from your location targets.
  • Targeting smaller areas: Let's say you only want to target San Francisco without targeting the rest of California. In this case, add San Francisco to your location targets (and leave out California).

To change your audience settings (from a computer):

1. Sign into your AdWords Express account.
  2. Click the Menu button menu at the top.
  3. Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then tap the Menu button menu again at the top.
  4. Click an ad, and then click Dashboard.
  5. Scroll the page down. Under "Your ad settings," click Edit in the "Locations" card.
  6. Edit as needed.
  7. Click Save.

Kind Regards,

James