Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

my ads are not showing up, but they do in ad words preview

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why are my ads not showing up when I search on google ?  they show up on ad words preview.  the average positions for most of them are 2-4.  i live in my target range and it is set for 24/7 , and my ip is not excluded, also i am not maxing out my budget.  they were showing up before.

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: my ads are not showing up, but they do in ad words preview

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The search on your  machine is (statistically) biased, since a cookie is stored, which keeps track on your search preferences.

This is the reason Google offers the ad preview tool that does not save a cookie on your computer, and simulates a search by a random user (no matter the number of searches done).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess that would make sense.  Just getting into ad words, still learning. 

thanks for the response.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Further to Moshe's answer, live Google search results are customized for each user. The Ad Preview results are not. If you do a live Google search for your keywords often enough and don't click on your own ad, Google will sooner or later figure you are not interested in the ad and stop showing it to you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords