AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

my CPC dropped from .50 to .06, and im not getting any clicks. why is this happening?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

suddenly in the past 2 days, my CPC dropped, and now all my adwords come up as "low quality" and im not getting any clicks anymore...i dont understand what happened...

Re: my CPC dropped from .50 to .06, and im not getting any clicks. why is this happening?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First obvious question: Have you changed your bids?

Re: my CPC dropped from .50 to .06, and im not getting any clicks. why is this happening?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i dont think so.  i did have another ad group that i deleted after new years.  but my bids are set to automatic...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

First, check you change history to find if you have made any changes on that particular date. Also check if your average position has lowered. A low position many reduce your cpc but less clicks. These many help you find the exact reason.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

>> i did have another ad group that i deleted after new years.  but my bids are set to automatic...

Seems to me that's your answer right there. The group you deleted was getting all your clicks.

I'm curious too that if you are not getting any clicks, how do you know the clicks cost six cents? Surely you've had a few. But I would not use a few clicks as a measuring stick for a trend. Comparing a low volume can be deceiving. They are averages after all and averages can be misleading.

Has your position fallen? Have you noticed your QS decreasing? Other factors that could influence position and CPCs: new and better competitors, older competitors becoming better or increasing budget to get higher impression share, maybe some have decided to increase their bid or also decided to use automatic bidding.