Guide Me
star_border

more clicks and ctr

tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI I have dune well on ad words over the past 5 months or so but lately notice avg position staring to drop I have got rid of key words with no clicks on over the past 30 days and used some over key words my q score in key words are 4 5 7 10 my daily budget is £90 pounds per day and does not reach any were near it I spend about £600 a month and have a good return back I target local geo targeting but I see over ads above me and all the time in the same place I have tried razing bids but does not work ad extensions click to call broad mach and phrases and offers at the end of text aim under the impression that I can not do any more than I have to reach the number 2 and stay there and I use top key words for my site in ad words any help would be appreciated   Smiley Happy 

Re: more clicks and ctr

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, you should enable Est Top Page Estimate Bid Column to see if you can increase the bid.

Also i suggest you to have relevant ads and keywords in each ad groups since ad position depends on the ad rank and bid.

tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi dune that still not work Sent from my iPhone

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
2 points
A. What is your average position for those words ? With an average position of 2 you will be shown most likely on pos. 1, 2, 3 and 4
B. Take in account that geo targetting local can be 10-15 miles wrong ! If you use to small an area, you could mis al lot of potential clients.

Did you look at the figures in TAB Dimensions->Day ( you may have to set the extra Columns for Av Pos., Impression Share, Lost IS (Budget), Lost IS (Rank)

tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi yes I have dune that and I do not need to pay over the odds I have other campingns in a much lower position and getting clicks at amouch lower cost an example to day 1 impression 2 clicks on same key word 0.46 per click all so u would think I would only get charge for the one click on my other camping 1 click would cost me about 4.47 each time and the key word is not that much more in demand yesturday my position was 3.3 today it's 2.5 why does it keep changing each day the completion does not increase same company's out there with me ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Positions do vary all the time, it is not a postion you buy, you participate in an auction. Weekends can have major changes because some participants drop out or drop in.

If you have several campaigns with the same keywords (or did I understand that wrong) , this could be the cause of the fluctuations too.

Why you can have 2 clicks on 1 impression is explained here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/1-impression-2-clicks-billed/td-p/18411 and here

tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thanks for that it's set up to complicated for small company's to understand the full workings of Adwords I do not have the time sit in front of the pc any more Iam going to run with what I know so far and if I do not make a return I will stop by the way difference key words and campaign

tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any one out there with same opinion
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tl
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You can make things as complicated as you want. It is better to focus on the things you realy want. Once you have done that you won't need to sit behind the computer al day to check your adwords account. I could suggest to use Google AdWords Express, but I don't. It keeps running an AdWords campaign simple, but it has to much limmitations. Start focussing on keywords that realy matter: to you and to your target audience.

tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
tl
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
just what i neded to here